The closest a missionary can get...Week 37

Monday, May 2, 2016

So transfers happened just last Thursday. I am now the District Leader and I serve in the Sheung Shui Area with Elder Love. He got to the MTC with his group right as I was about to leave it, so he's about the same language level that I am at. His trainer was Elder Anderson, another one of the Legends of this mission whose Cantonese and Teaching skills far exceed what I myself can write about. Elder Love definitely absorbed a lot of those traits from Elder Anderson, and personally has even more to offer. My district is the youngest in the mission, where other than Elder Chu, who's been here for about a year, everyone else has been here about the same amount of time or less than even me. I am really excited though because of the powerful faith that I feel, especially from the two trainees fresh of the plane last week. It'll be good to see them grow.

In Sheung Shui, we are definitely teaching quite a few more lessons than I'm used to (though we can definitely fill in more of our time with the progress that will happen). We have some very good investigators that have so much faith and desire to learn. Let me tell you about one of my favorites:
Umer is Pakistani. He was born in Hong Kong though. He speaks Urdu, Cantonese and English all pretty fluently. He actually was an online referral that we received and are still waiting for the mission president's approval to give him a baptismal date. He has told us multiple times that when he meets with missionaries, he feels lighter, brighter, and happier. He wants baptism so much and is willing to do what it takes. We are just waiting for the ok.

Our apartment is the second smallest in the mission, and the closest one to mainland in the world. I'm about as close as I can get at this moment to accomplishing my prediction for the mainland missionary. Maybe later...who knows though, we're supposed to be having some weird meeting that only includes Taiwan and Hong Kong. Maybe china will be opened then (for all I know they have found another ancient record of scripture. Missionaries tend to get creative here when weird meetings happen).

I hope that you are really doing as well as I have heard. To all the Springvillites, we now have 4 missionaries here representing: Elder CJ Belknap, Elder Chance Farr, Sister Emma Terry, and I. WOOOO! Elder Farr and I are actually in the same District now though. I'm the district leader, which I didn't see coming when we got transfer calls.

I also made a realization this week. There is a system called CPR (I call it the missionaries tricycle of success). Church, Prayer, and Reading. If an investigator does this though, why is it that it is so sure to lead them to the gate of eternal life? In preach my gospel chapter 3, prayer itself is said to provide communication with God. Church can be considered the communion with him. Scriptures can then be confirmation, or an evidence of God's will and love revealed throughout eternity and now. This confirmation, communion, and communication can be used to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement." It just fits more and more precisely in our views every day as we consistently read and ponder the scriptures, speak with God, and seek to feel his guidance in our lives through the spirit (a little bit of Gospel-ception right there for me).

Home Teaching this Month: The message from President Eyering is beautifully simple. I personally would like to express my testimony of the restoration of Prophets, revelation, and that it will carry on from now until the end of time. No more breaks. We are in the final round, so let's get our gloves up and fight with all we got. I'm so grateful for the revelations that I receive every day and the ability through them to aid in the work of the Lord our God. I know He lives. He is the Creator, the King of Heaven and Earth. Our Advocate with the Father. Our one and only hope.


Strive for that hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ...together. Your families, friends, wards, and even strangers. Hope brings forth a Humble and Sanctified heart. I leave my testimony of the Savior and his Infinitely effective Atonement in His holy name, even the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

This is Elder Love and me



This is Elder Love and I as well as (front to back) Elder Love, Elder Wilcoxson, Elder Farr, Me, and Elder Chu on our way to service on another farm (this time didn't get my arm bitten to pieces).


So you remember President Uchdorf's crack about the family photos where you end up being Chewbacca?....yeah, that happened. I also have a sword now (don't worry it fits in the suitcase). I love the Chewbacca mask though. Elder Guinn is the one in the Rebel Fighter Pilot mast, Elder Love is in the front trying to use the force as a storm trooper (what a noob!) Elder Jensen is the one with the cleaner looking mask.  Never mind, Elder love actually has a feather duster instead of a lightsaber.




Notes from mom:  Ian will Skype with us this weekend for Mother's Day.  "We have found a place for Skype. We will be doing it on our Monday (pday) your sunday. We can do it no earlier than 12 our time actually though, because the place isn't open until then."  So we anticipate a call sometime after 10:00pm this Sunday!

We also had some bonus photos provided by Brother Yoshi Yu.  I can't say enough about this wonderful member of the church.  He is always taking care of the missionaries!

From Yoshi via Facebook: "We have 2 sets of pizza today. And we are arranging to meet with E. Taylor, Powell and Love on Thursday."

So on Thursday:  "Transfer.
E. Love and Taylor to Sheung Shui.
E. Merrell and Powell to Tai Wai.
They are good."








No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground