The heat is coming...week 40

Monday, May 23, 2016

Well this week was pretty awesome. It's starting to get a lot more hot a lot more often (except the day that it rained ALL day this week). The rain felt super nice after a pretty hot week. Not too many mosquitos though, so that's a HUGE plus. We also have a HUGE jump in our numbers and I will describe what happened in specifics next week, but suffice it to say for now that when I got to this area, they were on average teaching about 13 lessons. We just got 21 this week, and we already have 17 planned for this upcoming week because of this specific thing that Elder Love have started doing. It's a lot to do, but it's so worth it. Our finding activities feel so much more fulfilling and successful. We are happier more consistently throughout the day, and I feel more successful as a missionary doing the work this way. We are definitely pushing the limits as far as time though, running home as fast as we can from a 25 minute lesson so that we can be home on time every other day because people are so nocturnal here that they refuse to meet if the sun is visible. It's good though because the entire time we're running, we're smiling and panting our comments about the lesson, what went well, what could be improved, etc.
My area isn't really effected by the boundary changes that will be happening since we now have 6 stakes, but Tai Wai and Sha Tin now have to go to the Kowloon Chapel, so that's a little more inconvenient for them. It's all working out for the best though. I am so happy to see how the members are growing right along with these changes. The youth are especially involved, and the Sheung Shui ward already has 4 missionaries out with 3 more sending their applications for this year! I don't have any pictures this week, but instead of wasting time with that, open up your scriptures to D&C 78:19 for my ponderizing scripture this week (cuz I need to recommit to that).

Love you all!

Notes from mom:  Ian also included some other pieces of information in another email response. A member of our ward served his mission decades ago in Hong Kong.  I told him at church that 2 more stakes had been added to the mission.  He was so happy to hear this news!  I told Ian about Brother Jackson and he replied with this:  "One question for Brother Jackson: Did he ever have a companion named Elder James? I ask because Elder James is probably one of the most powerful men in China. He's one of the counselors of President Lam. Just wondering."  

I asked how the new area was coming along and Ian said, "Something else I would like to tell you about this week that I will elaborate on NEXT week. We were getting about 8 full lessons a week in the Tai Wai area. The Sheung Shui area had about 13 or 14 when I first got there. Because of something we have started though, we got up to 21 full lessons this week. I will be very excited to explain it in full to you next week."  It sounds as though things are busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground