One of those days that should be celebrated more often...week 38

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Well it's Mother's day again. Guess I had better put together the usual 5 minute card that I usually make for her (or maybe I could find last years and give it to her...would she notice?)...
NOT! I had the wonderful opportunity to talk with my family. I love my parents. It's a lot more profound and exaggerated, the reality of how much closer they are as parents. They may only have 4 kids in the house right now, but in this season, I want to thank my mom for supporting me in all my decisions and in correcting me for the decisions I make that may not be necessarily the most positively affecting. She's always seeking to find people that she can strengthen, but not simply for the purpose of getting a blessing. I believe that she does it because she is so naturally charitable and caring for others and their concerns. I try to seek her example very often as I strive to be more nurturing towards those around me. I know that simply because I am a man, I am not as naturally designed to be that type of person, but thankfully, man and woman are supposed to be equal partners, which leads me to think that we should then be able to learn from their gifts and seek them in all efforts.

I am glad to feel at least a little more deserving of their being proud of me. I only say that because I know and they know that this is where the Lord wants me to be.  I also miss them very much, and that's okay. I don't need to let that take control of me. I hope that they continue to strive to keep the commandments of our Heavenly Father.

That's something that I have been studying very in depth recently. In the third chapter of Preach My Gospel, the fourth lesson is about all of the commandments that are required for us to be worthy members of this kingdom of God on earth. I have been studying for weeks at a time, and I am only just finishing writing down what I believe to be a quite thorough compilation of all the blessings of Obedience, Prayer, and Scripture Study. Pages upon pages of paraphrased scriptures, general conference talks, personal thoughts, and highlights in the Preach my Gospel manual. I have that much stronger a testimony therefore of the reality that the blessings far outnumber the most thorough requirements that are written in the scriptures for us to view, observe, apply, and magnify.

President Monson has made it more simple than I believe any prophet save the Savior Himself in last General Conference: Keep the Commandments. Just keep them. REALLY, that's all you have to do. Don't complicate it, don't embellish it or chisel at it. Just keep the commandments. If you feel you are not familiar enough with them to keep them well enough, I have news for you: No one knows anything perfectly. There will always be doubt and apprehensiveness seeking our attention. Brush it aside. 3 Nephi 13:33 (super easy to memorized that reference number!) Seek ye first the kingdom of God. You think that you are saying something new when you realize that you really do have to completely lose yourself and your habits and tendencies. You ACTUALLY will even be required to give up the things you like that ARE good. Interests, hobbies, family, friends, the Gospel takes it all. The portion that enables us to do this is understanding and TRUSTING the promised that it will come back to us as refined, sanctified, and more beautiful than anything we could ever do ourselves. If you don't know how to "Turn it over to Him", I suggest you spend more time on your knees. I suggest that you spend more time in the scriptures. Remember that Christ doesn't need fishermen or pharisees like Simon bar Jonah or Nicodemus. He doesn't need men zealous for the Law like Saul of Tarsus or Chief Judges like Alma before his ministry. He needs real men like Peter, the rock that he built his church on. A man that will be born again. One like Paul who, rather than kicking against the pricks, stands as a soldier at the fight of faith and the championship of charity. An Alma that gives his seat to other able men in search for something more fulfilling. He needs disciples. So maybe next mothers day, or even on fathers day if your quick to observe, you won't take so long to start on that thank you card. I testify that Christ didn't take any moment to procrastinate the Atonement for our sins and suffering. He willingly drank the bitter cup, and because he died of the pain, being a perfect individual, we can be forgiven. Because he is all powerful and is now a resurrected being, we can live and die without fear. Let the peace of the spirit hush your fears. Let charity be your guiding light. It will never lead you astray. Jesus of Nazareth truly is the resurrected Lord of the Earth. He truly is our advocate with the father. Seek His approval in your actions. I leave my testimony of His justice, mercy, and grace in HIS name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

My companion, 



 my companion's twin (ha!),


and the elders of the district on the way to a banana farm that turned out to not have any bananas. Just a bunch of fermented stuff that he is using to make mulch (I hope he's not drinking it because the stuff we were pouring smelled STRONG!).


These are just a few of the many friends that I made in my last area. I love them very much and I wish them the best. William,



A-Keun, 

and Hugo Lee and his mom. 


Tai Wai forever. (Sheung Shui is awesome too though...like really awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground