The last full week of the transfer...week 36

Monday, April 25, 2016

Well, I have had the amazing time to spend with Elders Powell (my companion) and Chen and Walker in the TaiWai district. SO much progress has been made and as we had a little bit of a family council just last night (applying Elder Ballard's advice:), we realized the major difference in our numbers. Numbers may not tell us very much about the personality of the people that we teach, but as far as the progress of the area, it's very evident that we have worked very hard. These Elders are also very humble, and we each shared things about which we would like to improve in our next transfer. I am going to be looking at my weekly goals more often and work harder to write things down that I need to do in a way that I can most efficiently contact people.

Elder Powell keeps telling me I'm going to be training next transfer, but the call hasn't come in yet. I doubt that I am qualified in the language for training a missionary. We will see though. I really want to stay in this ward though. These members are just so amazing and willing to help us in any way possible.

We actually just finished an activity where for 40 days, there would be a different member each day that would fast for the ward missionary work to progress. I know that it's been very effective and miracles have been wrought through the faith of these members.

I also have a picture of my exchange that I had with the Zone Leader, Elder Merrell.  He's very powerful, and he is very in tune with the Spirit when it comes to finding on the pier. This pier is so beautiful though, and to add to it, the testimonies of some of the most righteous people I know have been borne on it. Though I didn't get to see Yoshi during this exchange, I did get to meet their ward correlator and teach a man named Norton. I actually know him. He and I are really good pals because he comes to our extra awesome English class every week. He's getting baptized on the 8th of next month. I'm so happy for him. He's so awesome. I bore testimony of Joseph Smith to him though. We were watching restoration video and I tried to imagine Joseph's feelings throughout the restoration, which is continuing to this day. He really was supported by God the Father and truly had seen them in the flesh, just like Moses spoke with God face to face. I know that because this gospel is true, therefore Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and if we abide by it's precepts we will become closer and closer to God.

Love you all, and I hope your weeks are all going well. Santai gihnhong! Samseuhng sihsihng!

Notes from Mom:  I asked Ian what this closing meant, and he had time to reply:
"Body Healthy! Heart wants will have success!" That's the literal translations. It's just a couple of 4-word blessings that are original to China.

Also, another scripture that I want Dad, Simon, and Adam to pick apart for Owen is D&C 84:33-44. I love these scriptures and the promises included are infinite.


Just the amazing view from the 40th floor in the MaOnShan Apartment overlooking the Tolo Harbor. It was a good thing I took this picture earlier, because the fog was much thicker later.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground