no time at all...week 41

Monday, May 30, 2016

Notes from Mom:  I sent Ian a few pictures.  Susan Hawks, a ward member and long time family friend sent one of Ian and Emily from their baptism day so long ago.  I forwarded it to Ian.
Wow I was so tiny. Emily still looks a lot like herself from before (but then again, she always looked more mature than her age as a kid). Could you please tell Sister Hawks thank you for me. I really appreciate it. I've been thinking about Baptism a lot, specifically about the interview (since that is one of my responsibilities as District Leader is conducting the baptismal interview). The entire experience is focused on testimony and the spirit. I love how Joseph Smith described the Godhead as "God the first, the Creator; God the Second, the Redeemer; God the third, the Testator." The search for the Holy Spirit of Promise is part of our purpose here, an approval of all of the priesthood ordinances done for us. That spirit can continue with us, reminding us of our covenants and our desire for salvation, comforting us when we feel hopeless or troubled because of the wickedness of God's people (3 Nephi 17:14 is part of my ponderizing scripture). I'm grateful to have been able to share that scripture with Emily, and I am so overjoyed to know that we have both pressed forward in our covenants, consistently seeking to enter into MORE with our Eternal Father in the name of our Savior having the Promise of the Spirit that all things will work out for the good of those who love God.

Notes from mom:  I also gave Ian some bad news about a tragedy regarding a family in our neighborhood that we love and have known for a long time.  Ian's friend, Kadyn Hillstead, is serving in the Brazil Maceio mission:
About the Hillsteads, no I didn't know this. I cannot communicate my devastation at hearing this, so I won't even try. Elder Hillstead has always been an example to me of humble power, and we can know that his family will make it through this trial. Something that I feel in my heart though is that they wouldn't be able to if Elder Hillstead were not serving right now. The burdens are lightened, lives are saved, and as my ponderizing scripture said, we can be glorified through receiving our experiences with gratitude. Kadyn will be a legend that will be told for generations in his family, and because of it, his children's hearts will be turned to him, and his heart will be turned to his children. It's very powerful, and I feel the spirit very strongly right now. I hope to be able to bear his burden in any way possible, but I don't think I'll bring it up with him any time soon. I just want it to be known that heroes are made legends by fulfilling their duty to something higher than themselves.

Notes from Mom:  The end of the year held a lot of recognition for the kids at home.  Simon had all As this year (again), and was recognized at a breakfast banquet at school.  Ana had all As this year and through junior high school, and Adam had As and also received awards for perfect attendance and no tardies.  Owen has never brought home anything but an E on his report card from elementary school, so we were feeling very blessed again. Adam had 2 awards-one was written to Adam Taylor and the other one was written to Taylor Adams.  We got a kick out of that.  "I'm so proud of all of them. Adam looks very happy. I hope the Taylor Adams girl wasn't too sad that he stole her award. I'm sure she'll be fine ;) I'd personally prefer to have a breakfast for all a's over a piece of paper anyways."

Sorry I don't have time today. Ponderizing scripture is 3 Nephi 17:14 and 20. Let your hearts be full. So sorry again about the time constraint, but I will try to be faster next week. Important stuff. I LOVE YOU ALL AND AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR LOVE!
This was it from Ian, but Sister Hoxer's mom posted a picture on facebook of their conference that included Ian and many of the missionaries from his MTC stay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground