White people are so weird...week 80

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Howdy Yall! We have got some powerful movements here in Hong Kong. Three people that I have taught for an extended period of time were baptized this week. One is in Victoria 1 branch (I'm serving here right now). A man from Bangladesh who has put a lot aside for the gospel. The next is from Sheung Shui. I taught him for about 4 months and he was just about ready when I left. The last one is a man from Fanling that I never taught a formal lesson, but he loved sharing his testimony whenever I saw him, and I would just have nice conversations with him about the gospel and it's blessings. He was also baptized after being taught by none other than the legendary Springville-ite Sister Emma Terry! Powerful people live in Springville!

Sometimes it can be tough in areas like this. I am feeling at times like a new missionary again. I don't understand Tagalog or Indonesian, but I can still understand how much people love and need the gospel of Jesus Christ in their life.

I love my companion very much. He and I get along just swell! It's nice to have someone who I can look straight at. My neck has been going through significant changes.

The Branch Mission leader is so powerful here. He is just the most friendly and powerful guy, and he takes time out of his busy family life to help us SO much. He really loves the Lord, and it shows in his countenance. He is the one who baptized the man from Bangladesh (I am told not to send his name home because of security reasons related to Bangladesh). You can tell the difference in the work when you have powerful members who know what they're doing working with you in a common goal. It takes a lot of time and work, but IT'S WORTH IT!
Something that was said at the baptism though: " I have only felt like this twice in my life: When I was married and NOW..." It is true when said that it is by the ordinances of the Gospel that the power of Godliness is made manifest (see D&C 84:19-20)


I am grateful for the priesthood in my home. Even more than physical protection, I am grateful for the Spiritual protection and support that is provided by the priesthood in my life. The faithful men and women that I have met in the church have become my heroes, showing their faith in a Savior whom they have never seen. Instead, we just feel his love and power. It's the most important part of our lives.

Just random pictures at emails with some of the guys from the apartment. Not all of them though.





Notes from Mom:  I asked Ian how how training meeting went.  "The training meeting went really well...I think. We will have to see how they all took it and what changes will be made. Our branch is on fire though. We had 2 people get baptized yesterday. One is from Bangladesh, the other is a domestic worker from the Filipines. The Branch Mission Leader and Branch President are awesome. President Hawkins is actually going to move in a few weeks to Saudi Arabia. He's a lawyer. He may get the chance to meet Jared and Ange! I will have to ask."  I am not sure if President Hawkins is the Branch President or the Branch Mission Leader, but this was a great week for missionary work in Victoria 1!

Notes from Mom continued:  I also told him that Simon is almost done with his mission papers.  He just needs to do his physical and his appointment is set for Wednesday so they can be submitted vey soon.  Ian commented, "I hope he feels good about his decision, because it's the best decision I have ever made in my own life and I would not want him to miss something like this. Has he picked a date for availability yet?"  Simon doesn't have an availability date picked yet, but this summer he will have his own mission experience start and I am so glad Ian has had the experience he has and can encourage Simon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground