I'M SORRY!...week 77

Monday, February 6, 2017

Notes from Mom:  I wrote Ian and got a variety of information this week.  Here is what he wrote regarding the Worldwide Mission Training when I asked if it changed his day to day work/mission. "Yes. Everything. I do planning the day of instead of the day before (weirdest feeling ever to wake up and not be sure of what you're doing that day...). We also only have to do 30 minutes of Companionship study. Only have 30 minutes for lunch (unless it's with a member, then it's 1 hour).
The training was amazing. I'll be emailing some stuff home next week about what I learned.
Also, I got moves calls. I will be here as zone leader. My new companion is Elder Johnson (he originally was a Mandarin speaking missionary and has been out a month longer than I have). He will be district leader. I'm senior companion. Elder Wolley (formerly the assistant to the president) will be my co-zone leader. Going to be a VERY good transfer. We're gonna get some WORK done!"  

Notes from Mom regarding other big and small things:  

I got the bag from a grocery store called Wellcome. I got it for free because I saved up about 200 stickers over 6 months of shopping there every p-day. Aren't you so proud of me! It's otherwise a really expensive bag and I could get you something almost as good for 10 percent of the cost here, no doubt in my mind. Elder Chen is going to BYU this fall. Yeah, a LOT of people are leaving soon...it's insane to think about, so I won't. Enrique actually asked me this week what my plans were for housing. I told him that I am going on campus housing, but I wanted to ask you if there are any specifics yet so that I can try to room with him, cuz that would be my preference.

As far as what helped me change my mind, it definitely wasn't you. If anything, I was wanting to not listen to you and push it more towards the unsuccessful side. It was after seminary that I chatted with my teacher about it, and he just told me to look up D&C 6:36 when I got home. I did, and that's what helped me make up my mind. I also Like Philippians 4:13. The language will be one of the first stumbling blocks to be removed, or rather used as a stepping stone (I loved that conference talk by Elder Cook!).

When we focus on the love of our Savior, and daily beg on our knees for the gift of charity to soak into the fibers of our souls, we are empowered beyond all temptation or trial. I have seen this realized in my life.


Mom, I was reading the talk from General Conference "No Greater Joy than to know that they know." Even though I have never seen the savior in person, I know who He is. Even though I don't know everything about Him, I know that He loves me. Even though I don't love Him perfectly yet, I KNOW that I can repent and be better. I have had the beautiful experience of not only putting it into my own life for my own sake, but to strive to exemplify the Doctrine of Christ in my own life. We all come like a broken vessel to Him, and he heals us. Mom, I have seen so many gifts given to me by the power of the Holy Ghost. My eyes have been blinded by tears and opened by the light of the Gospel as I continually ask the question of WHY the gospel is so important in my life. Why do we need to be baptized? Why do we need the priesthood? Why must we obey ALL the commandments? Even if we don't have that understanding, I know this: Some questions are answered by answers, but many can and will only be answered by our own faith. That is enough. I have felt the love of God and trust Him. I falter sometimes, but like you said, we should be quick to observe all things, be they strengths or weaknesses, and seek to provide comfort, support, and yes, even healing. I am learning the healers art. I am taking His yoke upon me. His burden truly is light because it's not meant to be equal or easy. It's only meant to be sincere. We only need a Full purpose of heart (D&C 18:28). I love you, Mom. Tell Dad I love him. Tell Simon that if he has desires to serve God, he is called to the work. Tell Ana that she is an amazing example to me of patience. Adam is a miracle worker. Owen has been a tool in the hands of God to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men. We should always remember two things. God's purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. OUR purpose on the other hand, is simply to Keep the Commandments (See Moses1:39 and D&C 11:20).

Notes from Mom:  I guess he spent most of his time writing to me so here was his weekly letter.  No pictures this time:
I almost have to leave now. Sorry, I spent too much time emailing my mom. Love you all. Work is good. Should have two baptisms this week, but we'll se how it goes! The church is true!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground