So apple is kind of annoying...week 81

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I can't put any pictures from my camera on this email because I'm using the new MacBook Pro. Super High tech, yet it cannot read a USB...oh well.

I just wanted to use a little bit of time to propose a question:
You are coming close to the end of your mission. You have served well and faithfully. No regrets, obedient all the way through. You go into an interview with your mission president and he says something you definitely didn't see coming. He offers you an option to become just like the three Nephites. You put aside everything to go and preach the gospel. No hunger or thirst. No physical needs. The only pain is the sorrow for the wickedness of the world. Would you do it? Could you do it? Obviously this question has some flaws. I for one am not nearly as spiritually strong or faithful as those disciples of Christ were. It is just something to consider, and to help remind me that 1)full time service is a privilege, and 2)missionary work doesn't end AT ALL when the name tag is taken off. I still have five or six months left. I want to make them good, and I want to do that for Christ and for those who need the Gospel.
Thanks for all your support.

This week has been awesome. A recent convert came up to us and showed us her acceptance email to BYU Hawaii! She is going to be so awesome. She's had a rough go from the start, but she is finally starting to see the blessings of the gospel in her life!

Branch President Hawkins of the Victoria 1 branch will be leaving soon to go live in...SAUDI ARABIA! He's a lawyer, so there's a chance he might live in the same area as my Uncle! I don't know though...

Last thing...Did you read your scriptures today? Did you pray? Trust in the spirit that leadeth one to do these things. They bring blessings of revelation and peace. I know that because I feel them every day! This is the true church of Jesus Christ! I am a called servant to teach repentance to all nations, specifically to the great nation of China! Go CHK mission!

Notes from Mom:  This week we wrote to Ian from Los Angeles where we were on choir tour.  Last year I met a missionary in San Diego who was from Hong Kong.  This year was no different!  I was able to send a picture of Sister Koon from Tsuen Wan and her companion to her parents.  She has been out 8 months.  Simon and Ana's choir were able to perform in a fireside at the Los Angeles temple.  There were lots of visitors and it was a great experience.  While we were gone we received word that Simon was accepted to BYU for Fall of 2017.  He is planning on deferring to go on a mission this summer, but hasn't decided on an availability date.  So many things are happening around here!  Ian sent a picture with Elder Johnson with the depiction "OH MY GOODNESS! I AM A DA SO A EXAHITED! (say that with a Chinese English accent)."  It made Simon's day to see his brother's response to his good news.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground