...week 79

Monday, February 20, 2017

Notes from Mom:  Ana and Simon got their wisdom teeth out.  It wasn't quite the personal revelation experience Ian had (ha), but we are glad they are healing nicely.  Ian seemed to think that since Simon revealed that he's been to Argentina 3 times that he will serve in the vicinity:  "So according to the gift of prophecy, Simon will be sent to a mission RIGHT NEXT to Argentina. Maybe Chile or Uruguay! I don't know though. I will be asking my Mexican friend in the zone for Spanish tips since we now have a couple of investigators from Columbia. FUN STUFF!" Ian hasn't lost his sense of humor.  He asked if Simon had any favorite foods from Argentina and answered himself with "coconut:)"  This is a nod to Ian's recovery.  He got a kick out of saying coconut.  

Ian was pleased to find out that he will be rooming with his dear friend Enrique Cahua when they start up at BYU in the fall.  Lots of questions were answered in trying to negotiate school, but they are solved and everything fell right into place.  Ian was appreciative of my efforts, but I was so glad to help. 

 "Mom, I am so grateful for all the things that you do for me. It's helping me a lot to focus on the work here, which is moving faster than ever. I have been working with my companion Elder Johnson to fix the records that are completely empty in this area as well as working with my Zone Leader companion who I will be with this Tuesday when we help the district president present a training for all of the branch presidencies. Pretty excited, but I hope that we will be able to say the right things and help to have a more cooperative understanding. I love you momma!我愛你到死!"  Owen was able to tell me that Ian wrote in Chinese "I love you to death."  I appreciate the sentiment;)

Continued notes from Mom:  I asked Ian if he got to spend any more time with the Deckers while they were there.
"Yes I saw the Deckers. They are so awesome. They both came to a special member-missionary class and made some really good comments."  I also asked him what his responsibilities are as a zone leader, aside from reports, as well as how many zones there are.
"Zone Leaders, as President Lam says, are responsible to MINISTER and ADMINISTER. That means you are working with missionaries, their investigators, and A LOT of records. We also have to train other missionaries on exchanges every month or so. I have a zone of 22 missionaries. There are 8 zones. Less missionaries than that now (a lot of people have been going home for various reasons).

A lot of people have been asking me how Chance is doing. If you see him, tell him to email me. We really love him and miss him. I will have to answer other questions next week. Almost out of time. I have to record some stuff online."  

He didn't write his usual letter for the week due to the planning for the district meeting. I always think that a busy missionary is a happy missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground