It's coming faster than you think...week 76!

Monday, January 30, 2017

My companion, whom I have been with for only three weeks, leaves in 10 days. I've never had the opportunity to be companions with someone who's prepping to go home, but it's definitely interesting.

I don't have any new pictures today, but I did some tracking today myself (not gorillas). We had to get some cows away without getting within their reach. So we cut up some apples and started a little trail. Most irritating thing was that monkeys came out of nowhere and started taking the apples. The cow didn't seem very happy about it either.

Something that came to me this week was during Sunday's sacrament. I was doing just fine. Nothing to crazy happened to cause this reaction. We sang Hymn 220, Lord I would Follow Thee. The words of verse three for example: I would be my brothers keeper. I would learn the Healer's art. To the wounded and the weary, I would show a gentle heart. I would be my brother's keeper. Lord I would follow Thee.

It seems so impossible to Love God with all of our heart might mind and strength at times, but can we try a little harder to be our brothers keeper. To heal broken hearts.
Not much time this week. Maybe I will finish my comments next week.
Keep the Faith!

A few additional notes from Mom:  I brought up a few questions to Ian about church, a message from Rosalind about Ian singing, and the language.  

"I was sitting nearby. I had forgotten that you mentioned that their family is all really talented vocally. Quite a surprise to hear some vibrato that wasn't my own. President Lam said that the endorsement is done and that I don't need an interview now because he interviews us at least every six months. I am actually starting to pick up a lot of Indonesian and Tagalog, but I'm not going to be putting any language study in for it (like I have that kind of time anymore...) This is all that President Lam told me to do.

I hope that Adam is doing better now. I'm not fully up the list of emails right now, but hopefully good news is to come."  Adam's surgery went great and he is quickly mending.  

He sent more pictures from the temple this week:  

This is me with Elder McGrath and his other past companions. Such a powerful missionary!




Me, Elder Love, and Elder Guinn (I lived with him back in the day).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground