English, Tagalog, and Cantonese...but not Mandarin...week 72

Monday, January 2, 2017

So I will be moving out of 上水支會 after serving here for 8 months. I wouldn't even be able to start a list of names that I would miss from the ward. They have all sacrificed so much and gone through so many tough times, breaking out into what we are now. We started here with a lot of investigators not progressing a long time ago. I'm proud to say that there are now more baptisms planned in the next two months than we had all last year. I hope that I can be a help to the members in the Victoria 1st ward. I will be assigned to start learning Tagalog in addition to having English and Cantonese investigators. I won't be teaching in Mandarin though.


Now that I look back at it, I have "taught" a lot of Mandarin lessons here in Sheung Shui (meaning I really just said a few words every five minutes and turned it back over to Elder Darrington when we were on exchanges). This is going to be fun!

I'm going to miss these guys. I am getting moved to the Victoria 1st branch in Wan Chai to be a zone leader over there. My new companion is named Elder Aldridge. I'm not sure what language I'm speaking, but I am actually pretty sure that, as part of the "International" zone I am assigned to speak English, Cantonese, and possibly Tagalog. For those who are not aware, Tagalog is the main Filipino language. I have to be careful here or I'm going to get SO FAT from all the food that the Filipinas make here.

Ian is sitting next to Elder Harding. Elder Lee is sitting next to Elder Harding's trainee, Elder Rylee. 




Is Sister Plater's sister in the Victoria 1 branch? That's where I got moved to.

Look what Graciela sent me! I'll have to ask Elder Garcia to help me write a response email to her. It's nice having a Mexican friend in China.  Bryan's aunt Graciela in Argentina sent an email to Ian from herself and Bisabuela.  Dice tu bisabuela Fina (y Graciela);Querido Ian:  me Siento orgullosa por tu  importante Mision. y deseo que tengas los logros que tu dedicación merecen.Para el año 2017 deseo exito y felicidad con todo mi amor,te mando beso y abrazos.

Notes from Mom:  I translated for Ian, although Elder Garcia's version probably sounds so much better.  "I am proud of your important mission, and I wish you have the achievements that your dedication deserves.  For the year 2017 I wish success and happiness with all my love, I send you kiss and hugs."  This is a sweet message from 2 very important women in Ian's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground