Birthdays and new investigators...week 35

Monday, April 18, 2016

So this week was the birthday of Felix Chu from the WanChai ward. We hang out with him on P-days all the time because he and Elder Powell and I are just really good pals. He's an awesome member. We also had Handsome/Hugo's birthday just on sunday (he's the Less active, who sadly decided to not go to church yesterday because he was having his birthday party). We made both of them cookies. That was surprisingly not a complete mess though.

We also had a great time at the science museum in Tsim Sha Tsui (i'm actually not very sure if that's the correct British spelling for that). That was a lot of fun as well. We played Badminton with the young men and one of our investigators. Elder Powell and I destroyed, even though Badminton is actually pretty big here. A story I think is worth sharing though.

We contacted a lady on the street. Nothing too crazy, but we were making progress in our conversation with her. All of a sudden, this man comes up, listens in for a couple of seconds, and then starts interrogating this lady. He then starts saying that he knows what we talk about. He didn't at all though. We had to stop him when he started saying that we would talk about God living in our souls and how if we let him he would control us. There were some serious doctrinal errors in what he was saying, but by the time we got rid of him, the contact was gone off to finish her shopping. We kept walking. Found another contact and had an even better time talking to her. We were about to start talking about the restoration when out of nowhere, the same man came up again and did the same thing. I was about to explode, even to the point where it may have been inappropriate. However, the Spirit came just in time to remind me of my prayer that I gave this morning. My planner has a 14 day challenge that we are supposed to, that day, pray for an experience to show patience. The Spirit told me: you are the one that prayed for it, so take it. I did. I was still. Elder Powell was as well. After the man left, we told the woman that what he said was not true, and she said "I know. I felt that in my heart." Maybe if he hadn't said all those untruths, she wouldn't have had the opportunity to feel the Spirit tell her that it wasn't true. The Spirit will guide you and protect you. That's my simple testimony, and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

The people besides me, Elders Powell, Chen, and Walker are Jonny (orange shirt) Joyce (girl) and Felix (birthday boy).


 I'm also bodyless in one of them,



and the last one is Elder Powell crying in victory over the couch we moved.


Note from Mom:  We got an extra picture from Elder Powell's mom.  I would recognize that head/neck anywhere.


1 comment:

  1. Woah! This would have been fun. I am also planning a party for my business’s one-year anniversary. I will probably look for one of the finest Los Angeles venues for the party. It was great coming across this post. I am sure it would have been fun. I really liked reading this blog too. It was good.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground