Daak Laak...week 20

Monday, January 4, 2016

Today I eat the spiciest soup in Hong Kong. It's called Dak Laak. It's described as blood red gorillas punching you in the mouth over and over again. When it's hot, the steam is rising into your eyes so that you can't even look at it when your eating it. Half of the soup is your tears and the other half is meant to be the fury of every single person that you have ever annoyed...I'm in trouble. It's for a less active (Hugo/Handsome). He said that he would come if Elder Powell and I did this. I'll have pictures next week and a video that I'll have to show you when I get home.

Tomorrow I set my record for lessons in a day: 6. All of them I have either never met or met once before on the street. Lot's of Lesson 1. Lot's of new baptismal dates are planned now.

I honestly have no stories except this one:
We had this activity called a Leui Hang (pronounced Loee hung). It's where approximately 100 people got on a couple of buses, traveled to a fishing village in Yun Lung (Fish Dragon) and ate Dau Fu Fa (Raw tofu with can sugar. SUPER good and pretty healthy for being an early dessert). We then had dim sum where I ate: chicken in so many different ways I couldn't begin to describe, abalone, fish with creamed corn, eggplant, pork, lamb, and oranges to finish it off. We then went to a place that they are getting ready for fireworks at new years. It's got a strawberry field and a petting zoo next to it with pigs, goats, turtles, and fish. So many people became referrals and we got to meet and develop relationships with countless members and nonmembers as well as part member families.

My ponderizing scripture is the SMILE scripture. 2 Nephi 9:39. To be Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal. We should avoid sin in it's entirety, but we should also learn from our mistakes that we unfortunately will doubtlessly make.


Happy New Year Everyone! Happy Birthday to Simon, my big little brother, and also to Jacob Blonquist. Hope you like the pictures.

Seahorses (no I didn't eat one. They are super expensive).

 The fish in that tank next to Elder Powell is literally the biggest I have ever seen. It probably weighed 200 pounds. We really hoped it didn't just suddenly decide to get agitated, because that would have been a waste of a suit.

An unpoppable bubble.


Massive turtle,




 the bus that I had the opportunity to share my testimony to,


and Elder Powell with his own kind :)



Brother Lee, Elder Powell, Elder Taylor:


Bishop Mak and his wife, Elder Taylor, Elder Powell:

and Brother Au. All amazing men and woman with so much heart and conversion to the gospel. I'd be the worst missionary ever without these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground