Why did the monkey cross the road? week 22

Monday, January 18, 2016

I am gaining weight, but I'm not sure where it's going. My pants are even slightly looser than they were initially. I think it may be the weight of the spirit.

Ponderize this week is Matthew 26:45. The soul is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Well, this week I officially had one full lesson because of all the rain. No one was able to come and they didn't want us to visit their houses (that's not out of the ordinary because Hong kong houses are about as big as my kitchen back home).

We found 3 new investigators though, and we had quite a few mini lessons. We also increased our english class attendance by quite a lot.

The situation for this week and the coming weeks as well as to do with the Ng family. They are a part member family. Sister Ng is the Relief Society president and is one of the nicest ladies I know here. You also have the 8 year old son who was just baptized a few months before I got here. The dad is not a member though. He's been attending church, meeting with missionaries, and even waits outside the temple for his wife and will talk to her and pray with her in the garden. He is too afraid of committing to something that he won't keep to. He doesn't do anything around his family or even in HK, but if he's traveling, there are word of wisdom issues that will come up that he is too easily beset by. We have set a goal with this family to have them sealed 1.5 years from now and to have him baptized this year. I really love this family. Gabby will call me "Yeti" because when I took my shoes off before entering their home, he realized that they were much larger compared to his dad's. He's going to do that forever now...great.

We also saw a monkey crossing the road. Taxis were getting really angry at it when it finally got out of the way and climbed up this wet light pole (almost slipped when it got up).



I've been working on a new method of study. Does everyone know what the addiction recovery program is from the church? Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm the only worthy Elder who has ever used one. President Lam said that when he did it as a Bishop, he called it the "weakness recovery book". I have gotten to the middle of Step 3. I cannot believe how much I have learned from it though. So much change has happened over the past few weeks of using it, and I am aware that all of the change is coming from increasing the level of thought I have towards my personal improvement as a missionary. Many personal studies have ended in many tears and 15 minute prayers begging for forgiveness. We are all imperfect. That's why we need this perfect gospel and a perfect God and a perfect savior.

I love you all, and I hope that you would take the invitation from me to share your testimony with someone that you care about today. LOVE YOU ALL! Jeunsau Gaaimihng and all that jazz! Hopefully the snow is staying for you all. We just get to revel in the rain and cooler weather:)


P.S. I also got to eat cuttlefish leg soup! Still not sure how to say it in chinese. It's probably the most complex wording I've heard so far. Good thing it's not too important.


Notes from mom:  Owen thought this was some pretty cool information from Elder Walker's blog.
The Cantonese word for Jedi is 長老, which is the same way to say "Elder" so that was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground