Daak Laaht (how DO you spell this?) follow up...week 21

Monday, January 11, 2016

I don't have as much time today. Definitely spent a lot more time sending personal emails today than I usually do.

One funny incident is that I met a young man named Jordan Lee. He's originally from Hong Kong and speaks fluent Cantonese, but he also speaks english because for 5 years he lived in MAPLETON! He is friends with a guy I graduated with named Hunter Davis, and Jordan actually recognized me from being a lifeguard at the Provo Rec Center. He's going on his mission in a couple months to Vancouver, Canada. I know another guy who just headed to Toronto though (speaking Cantonese though).

Finally got a picture of Elder Tam, though it was by accident. The other elders got a hold of my camera and had a selfie smashdown.
Elder Tam:

We also have a new assistant. Elder Peacock is going home TODAY and I will never see him again, maybe, I hope I will though. 
President and Sister Lam, Elder McSweeney, Elder Peacock:


Elder Dale is from the UK. He's super Leng Jai (That is how people call you pretty boy here) and he's super good at speaking the language. We actaully have the same Chinese name (Daai) and he's a super nice guy (obviously, otherwise I don't think President Lam would want him there).  
Elder Dale:

My Ponderizing scripture this week is D&C 131:7-8. May we all seek to look through Heaven's Eye's. The purer eyes can help us simplify, reason, understand, and clarify for ourselves as well as for others. For my familia, remember the countless times that we have listened to that song and watched the movie that has that song about looking at your life through Heaven's Eyes.

I got a hand me down suit coat from Elder Peacock. "It's a little tight across the chest" (Lord of the Rings) but it's in pretty good condition and I think I can make it last through march when the temperature gets hot and we still have to wear suit coats.
Love you all. I hope you are all doing well and are all healthy.
Keep the Faith everybody!
That one guy in China,
Elder Ian Rane Taylor

P.S. Hong Kong is not only the best place ever, but due to slight warming up in the area, the monkeys are starting to come back to the area near the church at night. Super scary, but cool at the same time. Need to remember to not carry food with me on the way out of the church.

Notes from Mom:  "So Dak Laaht was a terrible idea from the beginning. No accidents, but I definitely was fighting for control when we were visiting the Lee family that night. Never gonna pull a stupid stunt like that again, even for a less active member (Who actually SHOWED UP ON SUNDAY!).

I love you all, and I know that our Father in Heaven is watching over you with eyes more pure than mine, and sometimes I swear I catch a glimpse of all of you kneeling in prayer together.
Keep the Faith, Hold to the Rod. Forbid none to come unto Him, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Elder Taylor
China Hong Kong Missionary and full time soldier in the Army of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground