The Christmas-New-Year Blast! Week 19

Monday, December 28, 2015

Well, hello everyone, and ALOOOOOOOO-HA! Not in Hawaii, but I thought I would give it a try. Didn't really work did it...

This week has been hectic. We have been having SO many lessons at the most inconvenient places in our area. We're jumping all over Tai Wai Hong Kong in order to get to these lessons. I'm so glad to say that we are having a huge BURST of success, be it in finding new investigators, or getting more progressing investigators. This is probably the best I have been doing all of my mission, though I haven't reached the baptism yet. That should be happening in February though!

Talking with family is a very strange experience, but I'm glad to see that my family is in Ship Shape and "Bristol Fashion" as Elder Cook would say.

I hope that Everyone had a good week and had a good Sunday/Monday so far. I love being ahead of everyone else in the world as far as time goes. It's crazy how that works.

This week, Elder Powell and I found 2 new investigators and have about 13 potentials. Still working on calling all of them. LOVE IT!
Shout out to my amazing Elder friend Enrique Cahua for killing it in that one place that he's serving... I think it's Texas...;)

My Pondering scripture is 2 Peter 1:1-10. This scripture is very similar to D&C 4:6, but I think it's more appropriately in depth and instructive. I think it's a good reminder of the need for eternal progression. Giving up the lusts of the world in the search for our call to virtue.

I also read a talk in the November Liahona (FINALLY GOT IT IN ENGLISH!). I really appreciate the talk "What Lack I Yet". The Spiritual Practice is definitely something I will be looking into and that I would invite you all to do as well: Ask your Heavenly Father that question "What Lack I Yet?" and just sit quietly waiting for a response. It may just come through your thoughts. It may come from a random comment from your companion unaware of your prayer reminding you that you need to write in your journal that night. I have found so many different ways that revelation comes and am SO grateful for that.

This is some of the Buddhas from when we went for last P-day to 10,000 buddhas. I lost count after about 5 or so. Sorry about last week and the slow computer problem! I hope you all have an amazing new year!

 The district:



The original selfie stick Buddha:







One of these guys is riding...A PEACOCK! The other one has the Eyebrows of Eternity and wisdom.






The pool of turtles...of eternity. Everything has "of eternity" at the end of it in Chinese.



That baby is forever rocking that pose... 


And Sister Jeung is forever such an awesome member of the Church with such a powerful testimony. I think it may be the first native testimony that I have actually understood (mostly). 
Me with Elder Powell and Sister Jeung (the amazing mom I mentioned).



Christmas in the Temple Apartment.


The district went Banner finding.  They sang Christmas carols in Cantonese and English:


Elder James telling the story of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" That was especially awesome because he has a slight tremor when he talks, but you couldn't tell. You would have LOVED it. I hope they got a video of it on the Facebook page or something. If not, that's too bad for you.


An additional picture from a building.  We were on the 45th-ish floor. That was one of the freakiest things I've seen. You can't even tell where the bottom is. This picture from soaring heights is at full zoom in, so yeah.  I couldn't tell what was lining the edge and asked Ian.  He replied, "People just leave stuff hanging out. Most people don't own a dryer (or sometimes they have more clothes than they can fit in their apartment)."





Notes from Mom:  This week we got our phone call from Ian for Christmas!  He actually called us on the evening of Christmas Eve.  It was wonderful to see him and hear his voice.  I'm attaching the email we received from the office elders.  

Hello Brother And Sister Taylor,


These are the assistants of the china Hong Kong mission. We would like to inform you that your son Elder Taylor will be skyping you at 10am Hong Kong time which is about 7pm on the 24th of December your time. If you have any questions please feel free to email us. Merry Christmas!

Elder Peacock (孔長老), Elder Liew (劉長老)
Assistants to the President
China Hong Kong Mission
中國香港傳道部會長助理
Cell: (852) 9751-9706
Office: (852) 2337-7556

One of many screen shots of Ian:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground