Miracles don't always have to happen in perfect situations...week 94

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Sorry this is so late. We woke up at 5 this morning to go and hike to the 大佛 (Big Buddha). It is one of, if not the biggest Buddha statue ever. THEN we crossed almost the entire mission in just over an hour (because our mission is small and the MTR train is a miracle on wheels) to Sheung Shui to eat Tai food with a member named Jello...we did not eat Jell-o though. THEN we went to 王角 (Mong Kok) to pick up Elder Johnson's tailored suits...now I'm here and I have traveled the mission and back...Tonight we get to have a meeting with the zone to discuss goals and have a devotional, as well as get reports from them for our meeting with the District President on Wednesday.

The Victoria 1st branch is full of some of the most faithful members I have ever met (other than maybe the ones from my own home ward in the 'Ville!). I wanted to share a story with you that was shared in Elder's Quorum yesterday:
A brother was living in Massachusetts and would commute to work in New York every morning Monday through Saturday at 6:30 am and would get back home from 7:30 to 8 pm. Pretty rough. He mentioned that his family was struggling relationship-wise because of his lack of time with them. Just as he felt he couldn't handle any more, his bishop asked him to take the calling of the seminary teacher. He said that this was the hardest calling he had ever accepted. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know where the time would come from. Even to this day, he doesn't understand the fullness of it. He just knows that times were stretched, or he was given sudden bursts of strength, the Spirit would guide him in his lessons when he literally had no strength to prepare them. His employment improved more rapidly than ever, and he ended up being given more time to be with his family because of it. "To this day," he said, "I have never felt more in tune with the Spirit than I was at this time...not even on my mission."
This struck me. Will I be willing to take the callings that are extended to me? Will I MAGNIFY them? A feeling of peace filled me though. I don't know what callings I or my family will have in the future. Actually, I'm not even sure exactly what my family's current and various callings would entail. I am sure of one thing though: Callings are more than burdens...they are opportunities. They are blessings in the form of other people. They are times of closeness to God. Times of weaknesses and having those weaknesses being miraculously turned into strengths as we repent and exercise our faith.
I still remember a line from a movie from FOREVER ago. "Never stop pushing your limits." We are literally only limited by our lack of faith in ourselves and in God. Ask Him to teach you. He will. I can testify of this because I have seen it happen to me every single night. I pray after my day asking what more I could have done, or what weaknesses were strengths that day. I push the rewind button looking back to the times where I was not relying on myself, but rather on the Holy Ghost. 

Please brothers and sisters, friends, family, whoever you want to call yourself, don't resist those feelings and urges to do good things. Don't stop acting. Never stop pushing your limits of how much good you can do. You are needed more than you know right now. Look for someone under your care (there's always someone) and share you ability to heal and lead and love, just like the Savior did. Be a light to the world. You are a light for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground