Week 82

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Notes from Mom:  Ian was busy helping someone today so the few emails he had time to send were to me.  I want to post them because they represent Ian's essence.  He is a shepherd to others.  He never worries about himself.  

Ian:  So we had visited a recent convert who is a refugee from India. She is just the nicest lady ever, and she's been having some struggles with her family in Hong Kong. We got her back to her apartment and she realized that she didn't have a key and there was no one inside her house. We helped her calm down (she gets really anxious really easily) and figured out how much it would be to get the lock removed. It was about HK$500. I decided to give her money for it, and I don't think she will ever have the money to pay me back. What is the balance on my card right now?

Mom:  Off hand I know you have over $200 but I'm not sure exactly. Is that enough?

Mom:  Will she get in trouble for removing the lock?
Mom:  HK $500 is about US $65. You should have had enough on your card.


Ian:  K. Thanks mom. I just need to make it through the month, and 500 is already 30% of my funds...

Mom:  That money on your debit card is there for you to use any time. I'm glad you could help her. 

Ian:  Does checking the balance on my card at an ATM take money out of my account?

Mom:  Not sure. I'll look right now.

Ian:  Thank you momma. Sorry to bother.

Mom:  Current balance is $243.37 without any intl fees being taking out if you use it. Consider that balance $230 just in case. Do you need more money? 


Ian:  I don't know. Were you still wanting me to get Simon (or anyone else) a suit?

Mom:  Also, Jen Crook is going to HK with her daughter who was released about a year ago. She's offering to take treats and things for missionaries if we meet her at the airport. I'm planning on sending an Easter box, but I'm wondering if you need anything sent via Sister Crook.

Mom:  I'm a bit wary of sending measurements. I'd like to, but if it doesn't fit then it's not worth it. Would you consider having a tuxedo made?


Ian:  I don't think I need anything. I am wondering about souvenirs for y'all if you are wanting anything. I don't know if I would want a tuxedo made. What for?

Mom:  I'd love some, but we will have to figure out shipping them here. Sister Crook is only delivering because the suitcases they take with stuff for missionaries will be emptied and then filled with souvenirs they buy. I'd love some artwork or prints. You'd need an art tube for that though.

Ian:  In the end, I can always come back here with simon if he wants a suit and pay an extra amount of money for it to be done in a week.

Mom:  After he gets home from his mission? I can do the shipping I use (mymissionaryshipping.com) if I know details of what you're sending. We can figure it out. I'm very interested in going to HK over Christmas break!

Ian:  Gotta go. I don't have that much that I will be bringing back (I don't think I will want to be in these shirts after my mission. They are kind of gross on the collar, but they work for now. Just have one summer left.

Mom:  Send your weekly email then!

No weekly email and he's off and running to help this sister.  As usual, other people post pictures of Ian even when he doesn't have time.  Elder Walker posted a picture of all of the zone leaders who were in their group at the MTC so many months ago!


Elder Wooley's mom posted a few pictures on Facebook, one of which is this one with Elder Wooley, Ian, and the Sister Training Leaders.  Bonus pictures are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground