Without Love...week 63

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Well, Elder Love is going to be leaving Sheung Shui after 10 months here. I have been blessed so much by his patience as well as how hard he works. I will miss being able to sing beautiful music with him and being able to harmonize hymns on the fly.

I'm also the only Zone Leader staying. Sister Kessen, Cote, and Elder Guinn will also be leaving. Don't know where everyone's headed yet, but I'm gonna miss them. They are all such powerful missionaries.

We are getting ready for something big though. Elder Wong and President Lam told us last week that we should try to double the trend for baptisms in the mission. We were informed that this is on average 5 baptisms per zone. We are going to triple it though. We really want to prepare a Christmas Gift for our Heavenly Father, as do all the members of the 5 wards in our zone. 8 baptisms here we come!

I'm excited for the training that I'm giving tomorrow as well. This will be my last one with all these previously mentioned people. I hope that I can have the spirit guide me as we all try to become better servants of our Father in Heaven.

Thank you for all of your prayers. I have been feeling so much love this last week. The progression of a missionary is so reliant on how much he is supported. I myself don't know how I would be able to do this without the dozens of people supporting me and my fellow servants. The biggest miracle in the church however, as an apostle said and is quoted in Preach my Gospel, is when the members will pray more for missionary experiences than they do for the missionaries themselves. Keep seeking to lift the hands which hang down, and keep the faith. I love you all, and pray for your safety and happiness. This work is the work of the Savior, and we should consider it our privilege to be able to share His love with the world.

Shoutout to Matthew Bingham, an example to all who know him, for choosing to serve a mission. I know that God will support you in your efforts Matthew!

First is our district at the Hong Kong Temple. I love the Hong Kong Temple. I'm also proud to say that I always see a member working there from the ward that I'm serving in as well as from Tai Wai. Strong people here! Elder Love, Me, Elder Stone and Elder Wilcoxson, Sisters Kessen, Cote, Thomson and Hugo. 



The Other is Elder Love and I with Sister Kessen, Sister Hugo, Elder Darrington and Elder Garcia at Elders Quorum President Wong's house. His Kids are adorable. Adia and Alston. Those are spelled correctly. Elder Darlington and Garcia are Mandarin speaking elders.


I'm excited to see the pictures of you and Elder Powell! He leaves this week, but not today.
Our ward actually has two elders in Toronto. Both are Cantonese Speaking. The one who left most recently is Sunny Yeung. The other is Mars Lee.

I love hearing about Matt. He's just such a powerful servant of the Lord. You need to tell me when you find out if he will live in the MTC or not.

I didn't realize that Sister Skinner was already so far along though. I remember her coming into the same classroom building as I was in when she first got there. She just looked so happy. How is she doing?

As far as the package, I can't think of anything specific. Pictures are always so much fun.

My time with Elder Love is coming to a close though. We were told that he needs to pack. We don't know where he's headed yet though. I'm actually the only zone leader that is not leaving. Sister Kessen, Sister Cote, and Elder Guinn are all moving as well. It's interesting because Elder Love has been in the same district with Sister Cote and Kessen since the MTC and Elder Guinn and Elder Love have now lived in the same apartment for a year. It's all falling apart, but it's good. I'm excited for this upcoming transfer. We are hoping to increase the baptisms for this transfer by more than three times. Our christmas present to God.


Last thing: We are going to a new place today that has tailored suits for even cheaper than 100 American dollars. Would you be able to transfer some money to my card if I find a fabric? This is probably the last suit that I would be ordering (not going to want to worry about it around next summer since there is going to be too much other stuff to do). If I ordered it today, I would be able to pick it up just before christmas. 多謝!

Notes from Mom:  I had a couple of question answer exchanges with Ian about the new suit supplier. I asked him about ordering another suit, the timing, etc.  Is it excessive?  "I believe excessive happens when you realize at the end of the mission that you don't have enough room in your suitcases for all the suits you bought (that has happened to some elders. It's very funny and we make fun of it very much)."

Also, Annie Fong posted some pictures of the ward missionaries before everyone parted ways.  










She also included some pictures from the English class they have been teaching:








Sister Cote's mom also posted a picture of the Zone Leaders before transfer calls were made:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground