Move Calls...week 17

Monday, December 14, 2015

So this week, we have end of transfer move calls. I will no longer be with Elder Tung. He's headed to Pok Fu Lam learning again sau yuh (sign language). I will be with Elder Powell, who is the legend of being the "Happiest Missionary in Hong Kong". Super excited. I'm staying in the temple. I have pictures of my district in our last district meeting before move calls. They are all such amazing missionaries. Sister Hansen and Sister Cochran are both leaving this Thursday. Sad to see them go, but I have learned so much from them.

About Skype, I have found out that I actually might be able to do that. Dad, could you please set up an account for me so that I can then use it in an internet cafe in my area to call you all. Please be utterly specific in any instructions you send, otherwise, I might not be able to do it. All the computers are in chinese, so I am relying on memory of functions here. But also, we are actually allowed here to have 1 hr of skype. Tell me what day and what time you would want me to call you. HK is 15 hours ahead of you (so at 00:00 on Dec 25 in Utah, it will be 15:00 in Hong Kong for the same day). If you have other questions, email me and I will get back to you. I don't have to call you on christmas day though. Just some time that week or the next week.

Also, my Christmas gift to you, Dad, is a little info about magical chinese medicine. Elder Tung says that if you do this every day for a month, you with get rid of your allergies:

Take 1 cup of raw soybeans. Immerse them in water and let them soak over night.
Peel the outside layer in the morning. Should be relatively easy.
Immerse peeled soybeans in boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
Immediately blend in a blender and drink. It's not meant to taste good. It's gross. Start when your allergies start acting up and see what happens though.

Elder Tung and I have been through a hard transfer together. We have no progressing investigators, our finding is very unsuccessful most of the time, and I still struggle with language because that's the way that missionary work is supposed to feel. We are still happy though. Still feeling the spirit. Still loving the work. Still doing our best every minute of the day.

Ponderization this week is about that. Even when Mormon and Moroni had a literally hopeless people, God still had a work for them to do. Maybe it's supposed to be a trial. Whatever it may be, growth comes because it's from God. I've come to be able to feel calm in the most panicked of situations. I say what needs to be said when I myself have no words. I love this work. I love remembering the birth of Christ. This is His work. Moroni 9:6

Picture 1: Left to Right is Sisters Gamboa and Hansen (Tai Wai) and Sisters Cochran and Yong (Sha Tin)


Picture 2: Elders Walker (training with me) and Zone Leader Elder Phung (he's from California).


Picture 3: Liu Wa (Mandarin for "Green Frog")



To Adam, I met this Less active. His name is Hugo (he calls himself "Handsome" as his name). 

He really likes Legos. He's 12 turning thirteen in about 2 months. Could you send me pictures of some of your fine creations so that I can show him? Here are some of his Legos.


Also my last sunday dinner with Elder Tung. Eggs on Rice with a sauce made of Ketchup, tomatoes, salt sugar, and companionship unity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground