Summer missionaries...week 50

Monday, August 1, 2016



I don't think I have mentioned this before, but in Hong Kong during the summer season, youth 16 and up can sign up for two weeks to go on an extended exchange with missionaries in the Hong Kong mission. They stay with us overnight and do everything that a missionary would do. They just aren't set apart. They even have name tags (they don't get to take them home though).
This next couple of weeks, the zone will have 4 male and 2 female summer missionaries. This also means that the apartment will literally be packed full. I will be sleeping on a small couch we have, one of the summer missionaries will be on the floor with a thin mat, and I still don't know how studies are going to work out because there is no way that we can fit more than 2 people in the office and have effective studies.

It's going to be even harder because Elder Guinn and I being zone leaders and different companionships, need to go to a couple of meetings in Kowloon Tong for the upcoming Zone Trainings and Zone Conference that we'll be giving trainings for, we are going to be scheduling a LOT of extra exchanges. Hectic, but it makes life interesting.

Brother Wong, a long lost (20 years) less active finally came to church. His name is Wong Kam Man. He's unmarried, 36, sells vegetables at a street vendor, and is SUPER nice and has STILL been reading his scriptures consistently for the past 20 years that he was a less active member. He met with the Bishop and he will be preparing to receive the Melchizedek priesthood in a couple months! We are all so excited for him.

I also really enjoyed something I was looking at in the scriptures about how we need to stop trying to do our Heavenly Father's job. Moses 1:39 says that His work and His glory are to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men. THAT IS NOT OUR JOB! Our job is plainly outlined in D&C 11:20. I let you all look that up and feel it for yourself.
Love you all!戴長老


Note from Mom:  Some of the missionaries were there at the temple when the Angel Moroni was replaced.  Ian didn't send a picture home, but I wanted to include it.



Notes from Mom:  I asked Ian about his birthday package we sent and suggested maybe there is a way to send empanadas to him through express mail somehow.  I also sent Ian some pictures of his friend Daniel Peacock's wedding to another missionary, Ellen Chan.  They were married in the Hong Kong Temple.



 The Angel Moroni was replaced on the temple and I grabbed a few photos posted on Facebook.


Here is his reply:  EMPANADAS! That is one of the few things that I just miss SO much here. 
I did get that package. Socks are FANTASTIC! Gatorade is DIVINE! Sour Patch are surprisingly still present (not for long). I really appreciated all of the cards that everyone send. I'm still working on everyone (except owens) chinese name. I probably will wait until I get home just to make sure they are genuine and accurate.

The p days recently have been hectic. I am going in for the second fitting today so I will get it next week (hopefully). I don't have a phone mom, I have a camera. September 5 is the day that I am no longer a certified minister. I will probably be released and home earlier than that. Transfers are 9 weeks. Temple visits are every 3 months. LOVE YOU TOO! TELL EVERYONE I SAY 你好!
Gotta go. Hope that y'all have a good Sabbath and have fun this week! Take pictures and make memories! I'll try to do that here too (the pictures part of course. Memories are made each minute here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground