Submission is hard...it just is...week 51

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Not much time. This week was good. It was hard, but so worth it. Elder Love and I are both really just trying to keep a positive attitude and do our job no matter what the numbers turn out to be. Sure we set the goals, but more importantly is that we pray over them knowing that what we set is only the best we can do to be on the Lord's side in pushing his work forward. Sometimes it gets hard to submit like that. Really really hard. It's helped my prayers become more sincere though.

Because I have been having to meet with other zone leaders for a couple days, I have missed some miracles in the area, but I felt the effects. Brother Lee Gok Hung, the adorable 60 year old man who learns very slowly and has been struggling with smoking recently, had a blessing by his best friend from the ward, Brother Poon. Elder Love anointed and Brother Poon sealed the anointing. It was calm and peaceful. Nothing too crazy, but Brother Lee almost seems to become more and more alive and responsive with every single visit. It's exciting to see that.


I really appreciated the feelings of love that came into my heart today as I read 2 Nephi 8:7 about having God's law written on our hearts. This is a part of true conversion, but to be more specific, it is an evidence of the truthfullness of the gospel that is made part of our countenances. Every day is an attempt for me, Elder Love, and our members and investigators to write a little bit more of that law on our own hearts and share with others.


Summer Missionaries are fun. Brother Chu stole my Chewbacca mask. 


Note from Mom:  Then this is a picture of Brother "Chu"bacca!

Then I put it on for the rest of the night.


Ian commented once the summer missionaries left.  "HA! he actually just left this morning, so we're now back to the normal apartment space. I realize now just how much space we are given."  

Notes from Mom: While exchanging emails with Ian, I told him that Ana and Simon went to a fireside at the HC stake featuring Kuha'o, the blind pianist in the Mormon message "Extraordinary Gifts."They just texted to say that they'll be home in 15 minutes because "we're singing with Kuha'o."  Pretty cool!  He was really excited to hear about it.  We sent him a photo of them with him.  



I went to girls camp with Ana and the rest of the Young Women this week. It was a great experience. We sent Ian pictures of the ropes course, canoeing, ziplining, etc.  It reminded him of his own challenge courses at scout camp.  Ian said, "That's so much fun. I remember when our quorum once did the wall like that at a scout camp and wrecked the record...and then Simon's quorum wrecked ours the next year."

I included a picture of Ana with a friend from the ward.  It has cats and unicorns and rainbows and awesomeness.  Ian remarked that "I cannot tell you how many shirts I have seen here like the one ana is wearing. Good memories...and some bad...haha!"



Some missionaries finished their 2 years of service.  One was Elder Chu.  Ian said, "Elder Chu just went home this last week. He's the good looking Hawaiian being baptized in the temple fountain by Elder Love. Miss him a lot. He was one of my best friends here and a very powerful missionary."

This is the email of Sister Poon. Tell her you are Elder Taylor's mom and that you would like the address for the Sheung Shui facebook page. Lot's of pitures and videos that I don't have: anniefong2004@hotmail.com

Sadly, Ian lost a great friend from high school this summer and I finally had the guts to tell him.  I knew he would likely take it well.  His friend, Teddy Nemelka, died due to complications of tonsillitis. I was glad to hear Ian's response:  "No, please do send me information. Even if it's the death of a friend, I'm fine. It's definitely sad, but knowing allows me to pray for them, and I find that a powerful thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground