When walls cry...week 43

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

So this week got a little cooler in temperature because of the rain, but I have also gotten used to just being wet all the time. We have umbrellas, but the rain is not the cause of every inch of us being wet. Even the walls are so covered in condensation that it's as if the walls are either crying from it or sweating with us. It's quite the sensation to have sweat to the point where it's even soaking up my socks. It's fun though. We aren't the only ones who have to deal with it. You see people slipping in the malls because they are only wearing flip flops, which if wet can be slippery. I send my consolations to all the southeast asian and south american missionaries who have the jungle life. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! It's true though, this really is the "good work" that we are involved in.

Kung Fu was a lot of fun this morning. We were able to almost be finished with the form we are on right now, and Lee Sifu is still mad at us for not being flexible enough to sit in some crazy position that I don't think that any point of flexibility could make me physically capable of doing it. I will have to take a picture next time and send it to you all.

So we met with a very nice, very blind, and very drunk investigator of 2 weeks the other day. I wasn't ready for what he said though. In China, you hardly have anyone who will say they know anything about Christian religion, and even fewer have actual experience with going to church or being familiar with the bible. This man came out from the beginning by yelling at us about Joseph Smith being a false prophet, polygamy (super hard to understand that word in cantonese), how we don't believe in the Bible, asking us if we had even read it before. He wouldn't hear us. I had nothing to say. Frankly, I was actually very angry. He slandered my family, my companion, and my beliefs and all while telling me that he forgave me for being an ignorant and impulsive teenager who hadn't even been to a University to get permission to teach the gospel.
He was doing this all while downing his second beer and feeding the mice in the garden with peanuts. Elder Love was definitely a support to me though. I was able to keep my cool and his example was a support for that. We bore testimony of revelation and the answers that we had both received from God through his Holy Spirit, and then left. Just remember 1 Timothy 4:10-16.

Note from Mom:  I asked Ian if we was "blind as in can't see, or blind as in won't see.  His response: "Both, but he's still very appreciative of Hymns that we sing for him:)"


Also, Brother Lee, on the opposite end of the spectrum, is the most humble man I have ever met. He doesn't know how to read. He has speech impediments that make teaching him a very slow process. He is getting baptized this month though, after the miracle of his boss coming out of the blue and telling Brother Lee that he didn't need to go to work for that day. He has the rest of the month off too, so we are SET and he has been ready for a while now. The members were very supportive in helping him get to the chapel in Sheung Shui from his job site in Tai Po. He will even be able to see a member that just turned 8 get baptized by her dad next week after church.

I'm sorry about the low amount of pictures lately. Not much time to really use my camera...
I've really been thinking about that 1 Timothy passage though that I just mentioned. I really am learning to trust the power and rights and authority of my calling. Being bold however, is only effective if you are not over bearing. Therefore, we should also remember in D&C 121:39-46.

Love you all!    -戴長老

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground