The week of adaptation...week 44

Monday, June 20, 2016

Notes from Mom, a lead in:  Ian's birthday is July 8.  He will be 19.  I asked him what he'd like for his birthday, and he would like a suit.  I asked him about it.  "I don't know when I will be ordering the suit. It's just very far away, so maybe next week or the week after (I probably won't actually have my suit on my birthday).  It's about $120 American dollars for a tailored suit that is completely chosen by you and even gets your name inscribed on the inside. Here's the fabric color that I like. Very dark blue wool. Super nice looking (in my opinion). What do you think?" Mom:  I think I love how my boy looks in navy blue, just I am completely biased.


I also asked him about his district and how it has been affected by the creation of the 2 new stakes. His response was informative! "By the way, it's not really my district any more. With the stakes splitting recently, President Lam has now split the zones to match it. Elder Powell and Sergeant are the zone leaders over there. Tolo Harbor's Zone Leaders are now Elder Guinn from Tai Wo and Me. Elder Wilcoxson and Elder Hansen are the District Leaders of the Two districts in our zone. Elder Guinn are in separate companionships for now, but the transfer is almost over, so we are not sure what is going to happen with moves. Super excited to be able to have this new responsibility. I just wish at times that I could have gotten more used to the District Leader stuff first, THEN do this, but oh well."

Additionally from Mom, some commentary from Ian:  
So glad to hear that Simon is doing well and I am sure that it was an amazing experience to be called as the first assistant. I hope that he enjoyed the young mens activity, and I hope that Ana enjoys girls camp. Football camp will be good for Simon, and I'm really glad to hear that Owen is doing better with his anxiety. How's Adam doing? Nothing too crazy obviously, but I hope he's still as happy as when I talked to him at mothers day.

So I don't have much time left because I have to adapt to the new responsibilities. Crazy news: I'm now the Zone Leader with Elder Guinn. Also, Elder McGrath is the new Zone Leader over the New Territories! MTC POWER! Otherwise, no time to explain what happened this week. Hahgo singkeih sin! Take care all! My ponderizing scripture this week is gonna be John 8:32 because there's nothin better than a little bald eagle spirit of truth and freedom amongst the dragons of the east...anyways, off that note, I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers!

The newest and youngest Zone Leaders in Hong Kong Elders McGrath and I!


The create your own burger that I bought this last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground