Q and A Week 11

Monday, November 2, 2015

1.        Does your camera work for you to upload pictures on the computers you use where you are?
2.       Where do you use the computer on p day?

3.       When will you typically use the computer on p day?

Answers:
1-3. Camera works fine. Yes I usually use a computer on P-day. It's just that last time (and unfortunately today as well) I have had to use a computer that doesn't have an SD port. Next week I promise I will have plenty of pictures, and this is why...

4.       Where do you live in Kwai Chung?  We looked it up.  So many shipping containers!  There is a large sports complex in the vicinity.  What is the train station closest to your house?  We want to look at what is around you.  

4. I have been in Kwai Fong/Chung for about two weeks (almost). Well, last night we got a call from the mission president. We are to be packed and ready tomorrow at an unknown time so far to go to a new area (Tai Wai). The actual place of our current apartment is on Mei Fong Road, where we are conveniently on the same road as a chapel 3 stories tall with a baptismal font.

5.       Have you been teaching lessons?  Do you have any baptism commitments yet?  No pressure, just wondering how teaching is going.

5. Yes to lessons. No baptisms or dates. However, yesterday was an amazing sacrament meeting. Fast and testimony meeting I was asked to come up and bear my testimony in Cantonese. Terrible grammar, but I could feel the spirit empowering me and the people in the congregation. I was able to participate in the confirmation of Sister Jeung as well with my companion. That was one of the top 10 most spiritual experiences of my life. Baptism of water and fire, of the spirit, is a special ordinance that is part of the distinguishing truths contained in the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My ultimate goal as a missionary. The gate to the way of salvation, peace, and Eternal Life.

We will actually have the amazing blessing to live in...the temple. WHAT! We'll be right across the street from the mission office. This is such an amazing opportunity! I'm so grateful for all the blessings that are just being piled on one after the other, where I am just now trying to learn how to swim in such a deep ocean of the love of my Heavenly Father. Of course all that love is not reserved for me alone. I am experiencing the love he has for me combined with every single individual I come in contact with. I simply cannot comprehend it and at times it is actually exhaustingly overwhelming trying to remember and absorb all of the principles and truths that are swirling around me. 
Temptations, when they come, are ripped away in the power of the calling that I have been given. I have never been happier in my life. I don't want to ever let this go.
Thankfully I don't have to. Now that I have this perspective, I can keep it and continue to expand it (as soon as I figure this level out first).

7.       Where do you grocery shop?
13.   You mentioned that you eat most meals out since it is less expensive.  What is your typical diet at your apartment and out on the road?


About your later questions, I shop wherever it's cheapest for the specific items. From massive malls to  tiny alleyway shops. I'm using my funds to the best of my ability.

8.       Do you share an apartment with other missionaries?

I currently am living with Elder Shipp (Zone Leader) and Elder Fields, who arrived the transfer before me. Great Elders with strong spirit of unity and involvement in the work. It's been amazing to work alongside them and learn from them.

9.       How did your interview with President Lam go?

The interview was very short. He told me some of the mission goals. Asked if I had any questions, and sent me on my way. Not before bearing his testimony though. The room's temperature seemed to drop as he began. I wasn't cold though. I was simply in awe at his conversion and dedication to the Lord. Even though he has never served a mission because he and his wife are more recently converted to the gospel. I love President and Sister Lam. They are good people and genuinely care for each person, missionary or not.


Ponderize this week is Alma 26:27,37. I love the entire chapter and I feel like it outlines how I desire to feel at the end of my mission. God is  currently hastening his work. I feel it wearing my bones and straining my muscles as I push to move at greater paces and climb higher and higher (in some cases literally due to half the landscape being STAIRS! My calves are going to be massive at the end of my mission). The context is just vital in more fully understanding what afflictions these brothers actually faced and suffered through with utmost patience. Thus we see the mercy of God. I may have challenges in my life. Mission or no. I am asked to endure through them with patience though. I know that I will see the mercy of God. He's promised it. 

10.   Who are some of the families/individuals you are teaching?  Not full names, but what kind of people are they? 
11.   How is the language going?


I'm especially excited this week to see a specific situation that has been such a challenge. I have been teaching a young man who's English name is Alex (English names are so funny here! In English class there's a man who calls himself Dinosaur. It's all I can to to keep myself from laughing in front of him every time he says it.) Anyways, Alex has been meeting with missionaries for about a year. He was not progressing for a long time, but when we started meeting with him, he started up again! This Sunday was the moment of truth though. He didn't keep his commitment to go to church. Now that I'm leaving the area, there's a chance that I will never see this young man again. I know God will care for him though. Obviously I am not meant to do any more with these people. It's sad, but I'm not the one who knows where I am supposed to be or when I am supposed to be there. I am glad for the short time I have had to get to know these people of Kwai Chung and I am expecting miracles to come in Tai Wai. I can feel it. Great things are coming. Any other questions, email me back and I will try to get back to you. Until then, keep the faith and endure your trials well.

Elder Tung is my trainer, so no, he's not going anywhere without me for now. We are leaving Elders Fields and Shipp. I broke my fast yesterday and I had a TON of food because we can't bring all of it that we have with us. Lot's of rice, dumplings, soup from the members yesterday that felt like a baptism in itself because of how healthy it felt. I think there may have been ancient chinese medicine in it. Siu Mai, which are like little dumplings filled with only meat that you steam over your rice. We actually had a Halloween party with the members the day before, so I had a lot  of candy as well. Ice cream from members.


I get to live with the Assistants to the President and the office elders, so all of these super language proficient elders are surrounding me. This is a huge blessing. Love you all! Gotta go though. Tell everyone I love them and pray for their success. Talk to you next week. Christmas is right around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground