Christmas call is coming...week 70

Monday, December 19, 2016

Notes from Mom:  I sent Ian a couple of pictures and told him about the comings and goings around home lately.  I sent his Christmas packages on Tuesday and they arrived at the mission office on Saturday morning.  I wanted to make sure he got the packages and asked about the Skyping details. He didn't write much, but he did give us the information I was looking for! I also told him about his Christmas message that I shared this week while visiting teaching.  One of my favorite sisters was really touched by what he wrote.  I know that he doesn't have a lot of time to write, but I mentioned that we aren't hearing as much about his investigators.  Missionary work is definitely work.  

I got both packages. We get to tow all the zone mail back to Sheung Shui! It's a LOT!
About skype, there is going to be a little bit of strain in the situation. I should be able to do it at 11:30 am here though. Is that 8:30 pm for you? I can't remember anymore... If I can't Skype, then I will just call at the same time(ish).


I definitely felt the spirit when I wrote the message. I'm glad that it touched somebody. I'm sorry that I don't talk about my investigators very much. I actually get a little bit down on myself sometimes when I write about them. They are doing well and we have a lot. I also find it difficult at this point to see the line of confidentiality, so I just avoid it entirely. I promise you will hear ALL about them someday. I have so many stories. So many experiences. I barely have enough time to write it down. It's tough because we don't see many baptisms here either, so sometimes we just try not to get our expectations out of control. It's a good reminder about hope though. I definitely have faith that they can all make the choice to be baptized. Can I teach them well enough though (or rather can I invite the spirit into their lives so that they can be taught by the master)? Are my expectations unrealistic? Am I being impatient? This is my struggle as of late. I know that if I do my best though, that GRACE will be there. I'm excited to see you all soon!

One of the pictures was the announcement by Ian's friend Daniel Peacock, who he knew well when they lived in the temple a year ago. He has subsequently married a return sister missionary who served in Hong Kong and now they are expecting a baby.  Such exciting news.  

The other picture was from Joy school back in 2000 when Ian was just 3.  The kids were reenacting the navity.  Ian asked about John Leavy, his friend growing up who is serving a mission in Iowa. Elder Chen, who is serving in Hong Kong with Ian, also knows John.  "He was never much good at telling stories. He likes being in the moment or keeping memories. Sharing was tougher for him as kids though. I'll have plenty of time later with Elder Chen to interrogate him though:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground