Family baptism...week 61

Monday, October 17, 2016

This week the Li Family from the borders of mainland were baptized. Brother Li, Sister Ban, and their daughter Vivian are amazing. I was privileged to conduct their baptismal interviews and you wouldn't believe just how prepared this family is. A very simple, but powerful baptism performed by the Elder's Quorum President. The ward has now had at least one family baptism for the past three years now. It's amazing.


We also were privileged to participate in the true form of missionary work this sunday. A young man has been coming to church for the past few weeks but due to circumstances was not able to meet with Elder Love and I. However, we had a 25 minute lesson with him and his friend who is the one that has been bringing him for the past few weeks. He is now committed to baptism! We are so grateful for the blessings that just are monsooning over our area right now. 

We also have flu shots and Mission Tour this week. Elder Wong will be addressing us. He is the member of the seventy who gave the first talk ever in General Conference that wasn't in English. #Cantonese! Yes...i just used a hashtag in my email. Otherwise, I don't have much to talk about. Blessings are fulfilled as we are obedient. I'm grateful for Elder Love's example to me of this. I have an amazing companion. We have SINGING FINDING tonight. That's always a fun experience. Have a good week y'all!

Notes from Mom: a young man in Ian's ward went into the MTC last week.  He will be serving in Seoul, Korea.  From Ian:  
So there is a young man who just got to the mtc last week. Could you send him something nice for all the lessons that he taught with us these past months that I've been here?
His MTC address is:
Elder Tin Long Angus Lam
DEC13 KOR-SEOS
2005 N 900 E Unit 104
Provo, UT 84602

This Elder truly is a saint from China. He's an amazing young man.

When I asked Ian what this Elder might like, he had a few ideas:
He likes sweets, but just ask me first. There are specific things that they WILL NOT DO. For example, cinnamon rolls are a NO GO! However, the blueberry rolls would work VERY well from Shirley's bakery (I think that's the name of the bakery right?)

Send him something that you can only get in America. He's going to Seoul on his mission. Be creative!

I asked, "How about trail mix?"
He responded:  "I have not forgotten Dad's bread of life...He'd like that. Doesn't necessarily need to be consumable either. you could send him an XXXL shirt and he would LOVE it."

I responded back:  "As a gag because who is HK wears an XXXL shirt?!"

Ian:  "Definitely not him. He would get a kick out of it though."

This reminded me of Ian receiving a shirt from a bishop who was shocked that Ian needed an XXXL shirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground