This upcoming week...week 8

Monday, October 12, 2015

Thank you so much for the shirt. I'll take whatever I can of those. I promise I will use all of the money on my card before I go. I'm getting my second free haircut here too. I saw Tyler in a glimpse when we sang for his group when they got here, but I haven't had the chance to talk to him. This I just kind of a list of stuff that I would like to have ready before I start packing. Don't worry about it if you can't get it all (or any of it for that matter).

I think I'm going to need those other shirts, as well as maybe some socks. I also really miss my Air Force Jacket. Could you PLEASE send that? I only have one tie that my companion doesn't want to kill me in with my blue suit, so could you please send me a couple of ties that would match that one? Also, I am really hoping to be able to get those other photos soon.

We all got our travel plans on Friday! I am supposed to end up with time to call you between 7:30 and 11:15 in the morning before I leave for seattle. From around 12:30 to 3 is the time I have in seattle. How much time to you wan't? That's all I have as far as that. I will also be given a little more lenience this weekend as far as emailing goes in order to make sure that there aren't any loose ends.

Thought I'd relay a story:
Elder Pahn is a member of our zone going to cambodia. He's a very fresh convert of 15 months now, and he taught his first ever lesson in priesthood quorum this week. Talking about the Atonement, he shared his conversion story. How he went to the visitors center in Australia, felt the spirit while looking at the temple, and asked the senior missionaries there about what this was. He was baptized 1 month from that day he visited. He could feel the pull toward the temple, and when he learned about the Atonement, he made the connection saying that the Atonement itself was attempting to pull at him, trying to help him gain salvation in what he now knows is the true and restored gospel.
My ponderizing scripture this week is 2 Corinthians 5:7.  Faith leads to success in life. Actually if you obey any of the commandments fully, you would have a natural desire to obey the other ones too. It's amazing how that works.

This week, the hand of God was definitely in my life. I lost my camera memory card on Tuesday, my wallet on Thursday, and my little Book of Mormon I have been studying on Friday. I just about lost my mind on Saturday too, but "in this moment of great alarm," I found all of that in a small pile on my bed. Everything was there. Was it a prank? Was it me being blind? I'm just going to say that it was a miracle either way.

I hope you have a wonderful week. Be expecting an email on saturday and/or sunday with any last thoughts or complaints. It's almost the end of the beginning. Hou hingfan! (Very excited!)

Yup, all is well. Should have been the wendnesday morning that Elder McGrath and I decided to go for a little temple dining. After this MTC food, it truly seemed like we were dining in the House of the Lord (go figure).

Here's a few pictures from recently. My companion is a weirdo. It's great.


Me with Elder Anderson:



Also, Owen, I wasn't able to get him to draw one, but I am sending you home a copy straight from the source.


I will leave myself about five minutes tonight to answer any questions you have today. Tell Simon I'm excited for him to have his concert. I'm sure it will sound amazing.

Notes from Mom:  Ian's ward mission plaque was getting ordered and there were a couple of questions. Ian was told his release date will be September 5, 2017, but school will have started. I sent Ian a copy of the picture that Carrie took of him.  It is the one on the right-hand side of the blog.  He had this to say:
"Just tell him to do Aug to Aug. I'm not sure what is going to be happening for school, but my branch president said to just mention it in my first interview with the president. We'll see how it goes! I look like a four year old."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground