No words, except...week 104

Monday, August 14, 2017

I gave a talk in the Victoria 1 branch as a farewell testimony. The spirit was strong. I love each of them. I'm very blessed to have been able to serve these people for such a long time.

The gospel is true. Two years is short. Chicken feet taste better than American bbq.
Aim High. It's better than the alternative.

To all of my companions, especially the ones who are waiting for me at home in my house, I give my thanks for carrying my seemingly dead weight across the city of Hong Kong. I couldn't have made it alone. A tribute to you.


PS. I need to wear socks and sandals for the next couple of days due to an ingrown toenail. The first one on my mission. I got lazy in caring for my beat up feet.


I also love each missionary that has blessed me with their presence including these last apartment mates Elders Wong, Evans and Banihit. A very diverse tripanionship indeed. Not a single American.


Notes from Mom:  This is a feeling I didn't think I would have:  sorrow for his return.  We are thrilled to see Ian in just a few days, but I am feeling so much empathy for his leaving Hong Kong.  It has been better than I could have ever imagined.  We wrote briefly, and here is what Ian said:  "Yeah...I'm excited to come, but do you think you could buy me a return flight ticket for something like the week after. I'll just go to the airport with Simon!
Love you mom. Keep the Faith. See you Friday."
For the last time,
Elder Ian R. Taylor戴依永長老







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground