Confirmation and commandments...week 57

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I have two people to share about today. One is our newest convert Sister Yeung, who just yesterday was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. Even in the time between the baptism and yesterday, she became much more relaxed and steady. She was much less nervous, but we all knew that the Spirit testified more powerfully than ever before when we had taught her. The bishop's blessing was beautiful, and she remembers every single detail. She is moving this tuesday to Tuen Mun, where we realized that this miracle home that she found in her poverty is also only a couple minutes walk from the chapel there! She was so happy when she found out this much needed blessing due to her need to repeatedly rest after a short time of walking VERY slowly. This truly is a blessing from God, and there are just more and more being poured out on her daily. We can tell from this that she is keeping the commandments and that she needs the support of her Father in Heaven. The power of the covenants and ordinances that have been performed are unmatched and undeniable.

Another person I would like to mention is Ken. He is a high school student and very talented soccer player who also balances a part time job and meeting with the missionaries 3 or 4 times a week. We were worrying recently about his seeming lack of willingness to attend church. Then, in a lesson just two days ago, a member asked him a question that opened MANY doors. "Why can't you come to church, and how can we use the Gospel to help you?" He opened up explaining that his parents jobs are not enough to pay the expensive rent of their small home and so they need him to have the part time job on sundays as well. We then moved on to talking about the miracles that come from keeping the commandments of God. Experiences were shared and I was almost brought to tears when Ken determinedly requested that we teach him the commandments faster so that he can work towards receiving the promised blessings that his family desperately needs. The look in his eye was unshaken and the light that seemed to be surrounding us was glorious. We testified, and promised in the name of Jesus Christ that if he did according to the will of God, he would be enabled to work miracles.
That promise was powerful. I felt the power of the name of my Savior flow through me, and that power opened our eyes to the truthfulness of those words. I felt the spirit. I hope that you all know that Jesus truly is the Messiah, the undisputed savior and redeemer of our souls. I know He lives. I love Him.


Also, a tid bit of inspiration: Look up on LDS.org "Lessons from a Milk Jug." This message had a very important effect on me that changed my life. I hope that you enjoy it and feel the spirit even a fraction as strongly as I did when it was read to me by one of my best and longest friends that I have ever known and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground