The week that it went a little south and a little west and then back on track...week 29

Monday, March 7, 2016

Well, we got to hike Lion's Rock last week with our investigator who will definitely be getting baptized. We may have to push his date back a little bit for word of wisdom's sake, but he said that he shouldn't have any problem giving it up. I love it when the spirit works like that. Makes everything easier and much more lastingly effective.

Tuesday was a day of a slightly awesome MIRACLE. It was a Tuesday afternoon. We were finding because we weren't able to schedule very many investigators last week for this week. We found an estate that we realized was the home of a few less actives. No one would be home though...
Spirit told us to go in anyways. We went to a couple of different floors without any success. We almost couldn't find the last one because it was just tucked in a random corner. Then we almost left after knocking a couple of times. We almost left multiple times. We were on our way away from the door when we heard it OPEN! We bolted back and greeted him. He let us in and he was super nice. His family is awesome. We only met his wife that day (not a member yet), but he's only not been coming to church because his job is super hard and super complicated hours because he's a chef (chefs in Hong Kong have to be at work for about 14-17 hours for five to seven days a week. He said that the busy season was almost over (don't know what that means, but great!) and that he and his son would be coming to church in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can convince his wife to come to.
Hugo, the one who calls himself "Handsome" for his English name, is almost to the reactivated stage now. I LOVE that kid. He's reading his scriptures more often and enjoys church more now. His mom is happier than ever. I'm so glad to be able to witness God acting in their lives.

The only other thing is a former investigator that is agreeing to start meeting with the missionaries again. I won't disclose his name, but he is having some really big struggles. His wife is very violent and unfaithful. His daughter steals money from him sometimes for dating. He really needs a friend right now. We know that there's more that we can provide for him though. He's very humble now, and he's willing to do anything we tell him because, and I quote: "[He] can see the truth in our eyes." The power of the spirit is more real than anyone could possibly know. I cannot deny that. I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I know they love me, and will guide me throughout my life as long as I am willing to do it their way. I prefer it that way anyways (most of the time. Still working on that, as I'm sure we all are).

I love you all. Seek to increase and strengthen your faith throughout your lives, and provide a light whereby others may find their way to the safety of the Gospel Shore. My testimony is of a Loving, Living God who will not let us fail.

That's also my scripture this week. Doctrine and Covenants 50: 40-42 (40-46). He plans the success of all of His children. All that are in His care will surely be provided the necessities to accomplish the necessary needs of life, as well as have the blessings of Heaven poured out of the windows of Heaven like an over pressurized fire hose. I know this is true. I have seen it in too many lives, including my own, to deny it. Love you all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



This is my area from Lion's Rock view.


This is Batman in the Festival Walk Mall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground