Week 1

Monday, August 24, 2015

Hey! So quick question: how long have you been surrounding the computer this morning (HA!).

I just got back from the temple, but I somehow missed in the rule book that I'm not allowed to join in the prayer circle. No one told me when I started walking up, but I guess that's okay. It was some seventy year old looking lady that I don't think I have much of a chance with.

I love the MTC! The teachers, my district, my branch presidency, even the food. Haven't checked my weight yet, but I'll do that later today, and if I have any minutes left on the computer I'll update you guys.

My companion's name is Elder McGrath. I can't use the adaptor you sent me because there is no port on the MTC computers for it (at least not that I have seen). Please try to send me a USB adaptor for the camera. Please and thank you!
We are always discussing in district meetings how we want a culture, and how hte only things we should discuss are the gospel and the language, basically hot to better serve our purpose.  Some of the missionaries are better at this than others.
The language is extremely difficult, but I have seen the blessing of the gift of tongues in almost every member of our district. We all can greet, get in an investigators home, bear a basic testimony, and say a basic prayer.  About the language, we have this thing called the Brown Bible (I call it Bruce Lee). It's pretty much our primary source of language as far as sharing the gospel and learning vocabulary and phrases. Elder Belknap and Elder Chen are also in my district. I room with Elder Belknap, which is a tender mercy of the Lord. I know someone! Seen a lot of friends here and hopefully I'll see more coming in. Everyone stay strong, and I hope you feel the same amount of strength from me as I feel from you.

As for Sister Gibson (Sam Ji meuih), she is in my district and she and sister lo (Louh Ji Meuih) are very nice sisters.


I haven't cried yet, but know that I miss you guys and that I pray for you every night, even in Cantonese. I love you all and hopefully you will send my love to anyone who needs it. The work is moving on at an accelerated pace and I'm so excited to be a part of it. Have a wonderful week and remember the spirit that you have felt always.

Also, with my last five minutes that I saved for this purpose, would you be able to send me these things:
My consecrated oil vial (should be on my keys), approved CD player, letter paper, stamps, and a lint roller (please don't forget the usb adaptor:)) Love you guys, and thanks for sending me stuff. It really helps me stay sane and patient.
Never mind! don't send the adaptor, I think I figured it out, but I don't have my stuff with me right now, So I'll see if I can sent it to you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground